Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Another Mini...





Another miniature needlework finish! Mind you, I am a cross-stitcher and used to higher count linen. This piece was stitched on 28 count Irish linen using DMC threads. This is new and uncharted territory for me, experimental so to speak...



The second line of the alphabet isn't as clear as I wanted it to be. I'm so anxious and excited to stitch these mini projects up that I'm using what I have on hand in terms of fabric.



This pattern is from "Needlework Designs For Miniature Projects", a booklet by Eileen Folk. The author/designer suggests using 22 count hardanger. I plan on stitching another sampler from her booklet, and will use 22 hardanger.

Seeing the finished product, I will not use 28 Irish linen again for this type of piece! LOL