Sunday, May 4, 2008

And another miniature needlework start!

As much as I love the look of a finished piece on silk gauze, especially the filling in of the background makes it look exquisite...I have decided that for awhile I will use evenweave and linen to stitch my miniature needlework pieces.

Needlepoint is very attractive, but I can't let go of my cross stitches for very long. With every horizontal stitch/continental stitch that goes into the intricate work of a miniature needlepoint piece, I sorely miss the going back over that first leg to complete a cross stitch. It's an emotional thing for me, lol, makes me feel complete!

That said, the above picture is the beginning of a miniature sampler stitched with 1 strand of DMC cotton thread over 1 thread of 40 count linen.

In future posts, you will see what sampler I am using as my guide.