Saturday, June 28, 2008

Kissing Cousins!

Last week I posted this adorable little quail I made from a McCalls pattern, and apparently something went wrong with Blogger and it was either lost or swallowed up. So, without further adieu, I present my old fashioned quails as pincushions:

The quail on the right was my first attempt with this pattern, the quail on the left was my second attempt. Each is unique and decorated by my younger daughter with pretty pearl head pins, some a lovely heart shape. Shhh, one of these is a gift to an unsuspecting stitcher because of her kind and thoughtful comment on the swallowed up post.

Here is quail #1-----

I'm really happy with the way they came out. Even with my sewing skills I had a little trouble with the joining of the neck area and the side body pieces (as seen in picture)...oh and I wanted the heads rounder, so....they are flat headed cute quails, lol.






Here is quail #2------ resting in my grandmothers large handpainted bowl she used to use for serving spaghetti and meatballs. I now use the bowl for my beads.

These were really fun and relatively easy to make. I plan on making more!