Saturday, June 28, 2008

My first cloth doll!

Miriam Gourley is an author and cloth dollmaker. I have long had an interest in making cloth dolls. So when I came upon one of her books at the library, I was so excited and I tried my hand at making a simple one.
This has started a new hobby for me, and I have several more dolls in the making (one is next to her). It''s a very exciting, relaxing, and therapeutic hobby, I'm loving every minute of it.

She is made of unbleached muslin, wool yarn for hair, and calico cotton fabric for her clothing. I haven't named her just yet, but I like the name Suzannah! Her face is painted with acrylic paint for the lips, black sharpie permanent marker was used for the eyes, and my blush was used for her rosy cheeks, lol. She stands approximately 10-12 inches tall.