Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Plum Street Samplers

Plum Street Samplers-Fishes and Bait

This is one of those designs that caught my eye and I not only had to have it, but I had to begin stitching it immediately! I fell head over heels in love with the mermaid and her merman, the little fishies, and turtles. I've always liked mermaid designs, but only certain ones have caught my eye enough to want to stitch them. Oh, and the saying:

~~~~~~
Fishes and bait
Fishes and bait
when a woman marries
then trouble's her fate
~~~~~~~~~~~
LOVE that! lol

Nestled in 11x11 q-snaps, protected with felt then stitched on 30 count Melinda cloth in 'Pink Blush' using all DMC threads 2/2.
In fact, I love finding fabric remnants and adapting them to designs I choose to stitch.
Example: the melinda cloth I am using for this project was only $6.12 for a 17 3/4 x 25 1/2 size piece. I only had to use a 15 x 15 1/2 sized piece for this design, so I have plenty left over for another project or a couple of smaller projects! Always the bargain hunter. :-)