Tuesday, August 19, 2008

RAK Rampage, lol!


My sweet friend, Dawn, received the lil kitty and beaded fob I made for her. It is such a joy for me to make sentimental little things for my special friends.


I also made her a card which can be seen here. I scanned the finished gift onto cardstock paper using the magazine page as background, ripped the edges added "pawprints", and a few remnants of materials used.

I used a cute pattern from a 1998 Leisure Arts magazine to sew the kitty (gingham and denim) and stitched a little kitty playing with yarn on it's body (32 count linen). The buttons are from my grandmother's collection. Ribbon and a couple of beads as embellishment, and kitty was complete. I love the effect.

She did a great job of photographing what I sent. It earned a seat in Dawn's place of honor. LOL, I was longing to see it there. :-P