Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thoughtfulness...


MelissaB has kindly awarded me the Brilliante Weblog Award. Just the thought of another stitcher thinking of me and visiting my blog is thoughtful enough, and I appreciate it. I have decided to use this award in a new way--to those who are new to me and/or have taken out the time to leave a comment/email, sort of a 'hi, Lisa!' --so I pass it along to:


Andrea- (prounounced Ondrea, not ANDrea) Deep Fried Cupcake- who is new to me and we share so many interests: she stitched Fishes and Bait, BitterFlower Sampler, likes bunnies and is an avid reader with a great wishlist of books. Her pugs are incredibly cute! "Hi, Andrea!"


Donnasews- who is also new to me. She loves samplers and has done some gorgeous stitching. I am not sure how I came across her blog called Simpler Times. I feel so at home there with pictures of her kitty, baking, and quilts. "Hi Donna!"


A Stitch In Time-Tammie-stitcher who is new to me. Her blog has lots of pictures of her children and stitching. Her post regarding PIF's and RAK's made me think about how we as an online stitching community can make newer members feel more a part of things, I'm still thinking (this may take awhile, lol), but I wanted to recognize her on my blog because her post touched me and made me think. "Hi Tammie!"


Anne S-not new to me, but as busy as she is continues to provide us with the Focus on Finishing blog with tons of contributions from stitchers from all over the world chock full of complimentary tutorials. "Hi Anne!"

Ladies, thank you all for your blogs & sharing.

Oh, lastly, should you choose to share, (and yes, I think this should be a choice) this award, there are a few guidelines: and they are only guidelines...


1. Put the logo on your blog

2. Add a link to the person who awarded you

3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs (I did 5)

4. Add links to those blogs on yours

5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.