Thursday, October 2, 2008

I treated myself to...



...a few new books. From left to right:

Crafting Cloth Dolls by Gourley, a wonderful author and dollmaker: the patterns in the book do not require enlarging, and the instructions are quite easy, even for the beginner.

Sew Pretty Christmas HomeStyle, a Tilda book: I love pink and red, and she has over 35 crafts to make and the patterns in this book also do not need enlarging. There are pigs, geese, pixie dolls, angels, hearts, birds, etc...all things I love and I especially like that she doesn't rely on the traditional red and green for Christmas.

The Sampler Motif Book by Brenda Keyes: this book is chock full of motifs and samplers and ideas for finishing techniques. The best thing aside from the designs in this book is that I got it from PaperbackSwap.com basically for FREE! Cost me 1 credit, ha!

Lacy Crochet by Shufu-To-Seikatsu Sha: I was raised sewing and crocheting at my grandmother's knee, and although cross-stitching is my favorite type of needlework, crochet is right up there. The very best thing about this book is that instead of written crochet instructions the author uses diagrammatic instructions.