Saturday, August 9, 2008

WIP update! (& disaster )


I am always admonishing my family and visitors to not drink or eat near my needlework...and who is the one that spilled diet pepsi on my BOF Bitterflower Sampler WIP? Umm, yea...me! So, immediately after it happened, I took the piece(s), (yes more than one was affected, grrr) off their q-snaps and immediately ran cold water over the areas that were already becoming stained....above is the BOF Bitterflower Sampler...and the GAST have bled.




So here are my choices: restitch the entire thing, continue stitching, and when finished, just immerse the whole thing in cold water to get the same 'bled' effect overall. (You know, when you get lemons, make lemonade instead of cursing the whole thing, lol).
You know, I am not really all that upset over this, just that it's an inconvenience that made me stop the whole stitching process.



For those of you wondering, no I don't pre-rinse my overdyed threads before using...I might consider it after this episode.Below is Plum Street Samplers 'Fishes and Bait' which also succumbed to the soda spilling episode...but alas there is a merciful stitching angel watching over me because I was able to get all the staining out, and I'm using DMC cotton threads which are colorfast. :-)
I love this design, the mermaid is my favorite part!