Monday, September 29, 2008

Hanging pillow finish!

This is a piece I stitched about a year ago, and could never decide on a finishing technique. It's called 'With the Heart' a Whimsey & Wit design. Being in a finishing technique mode, I made it into a pillow, but a hanging pillow using a heart shaped wire the I removed from something else, so I suppose it's partly recycled.

The fabric on the back is a checkered homespun exactly like the fabric trim in the picture below.

I used off white cotton lace, fabric homespun trim, antique buttons, and a silver dangling heart on the right side of it for fun. I'm very happy with the way it came out. (click on picture to make image larger).


Stitched on 28 or 32 count linen, not sure of color using DMC cotton threads. My favorite part of this design aside from the saying is the oddly shaped hearts. :-)